Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Recipe- Cream Scones

I took these scones to a get together and a few ladies asked for the recipe, so here it is!
*Cream Scones
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 Tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups whipping cream
*Icing-
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoons cream

1) Heat Oven to 400. Lightly grease cookie sheet
2) In large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until well blended. Add whipping cream all at once, stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
3) On lightly floured surface knead dough 6 or 7 times until smooth. Divide dough in half. Pat each half into 6-inch round; cut each round into 6 wedges. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
4) Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Meanwhile in a small bowl mix powdered sugar and enough cream for drizzling over warm scones.

My friend gave me this recipe and she has added so many different yummy things to them. Some of the ones she has brought me were made with dried cranberries, candied ginger, and chocolate chips. I made them last with some lemon juice int he icing and they were very good.
It is nice to find a simple recipe that is so good. Her little boy is allergic to eggs and can never have any of the yummy stuff, so she was very excited to find this recipe to make him, and it has turned into a favorite of all of ours! Enjoy, and have fun with this recipe. If you add anything different let me know so I can try it too! I wish I had a picture to post of these, but they are always gone to fast;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Michelle, these sound so good! I can't wait to try them out and make them. Thanks for sharing.

Mama Griffith, said...

yeah I have to agree its a great snack with tea coffee or all by its self...though the whipping cream in the refrigerator is often dumped generously into my coffee!

Bex said...

Made them tonight. They are almost gone. I didn't have any powdered sugar for the icing but we just used homemade jam. I only had whole wheat flour too but they are still so soft and yummy!